ABOUT ISO 45001:2018 (OHSAS)
ISO 45001:2018 specifies requirements for Occupational Healthy and Safety (OHS&S) Management Systems and provides guidance for use. It enables organizations to provide safety and a healthy workplace
by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
This standard seeks to help in controlling, measuring as well as monitoring risks that can take place or arise from the daily activities of the organization. Moreover, it safeguards the health and welfare of the workforce effectively and efficiently.
It is an international standard that is in practice across the globe and provides the same platform for uniform Health & Safety practices regardless of region, culture, and nature of business. ISO 45001:2018 has been drafted in such a way that it helps in preventing injuries, and fatal accidents on factory sites. The standard is highly useful for the small, medium as well as large scale enterprises that are operating in different regions of the world and are involved in practicing the same process of Health & Safety measures.
WHO IS APPLICABLE FOR ISO 45001:2018 ?
ISO 45001 and its regulations are basically aimed at organizations which are committed and are responsible for staff as well as workplace safety. The standard also aids organizations that have no safety measures in place or want to improve their already existing occupational health as well as safety Systems.
Every year, a large number of workers get injured onsite and end up losing their lives globally. To reduce the risks at the workplace, companies, and organizations of all sizes and nature should put in place a safety management system that is robust and highly flexible. ISO 45001 is one such system that is perfect for organizations looking to set up formal procedures for mitigating health and safety risks.
BENEFITS OF ISO 45001:2018
- Ensures the best possible working conditions across the organization
- Helps in Identifying hazards and place controls to manage them well
- Mitigates workplace accidents and illness ensuring reduced related costs as well as downtime
- Gives the opportunity to engage as well as motivate staff with better, more suitable as well as safer working conditions
- The standard lets you demonstrate compliance to legal and regulatory norms to the customers and suppliers
- Reduced public liability as well as insurance costs
- And if work-related road safety is a concern, ISO 45001 can be applied in combination with the ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety to ensure that you are able to address the increasing risks to the employees in almost all work related activities.